Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Who You Gonna Call?


My old business card. Don't try to email this old address, you'll discover an empty litter box. 

I have another uplifting discovery to share: a direct line of numbers that delivers kindness and calm in an increasingly unkind world. It sounds like winning the lottery! But these numbers help thousands, instead of one lucky soul.

Last time, I wrote about making international pen pals. In fact, yesterday, I received my sixth postcard from Japan. Postcrossing is fun. Now, when I reach into my mailbox, my fingers do more than flap against cold steel. Sometimes, they find ink and paper addressed to me, by a real human. Even when it's not Christmas!

Today, I'm writing about another old-fashioned technology: listening. (and calling) For twenty-five years, the Ideas for Positive Living phone-line has inspired callers with simple, heartfelt messages. I don't know about you, but I love reading inspiring quotes, and watching uplifting segments on T.V. If you need a little support, any-old-time, just call: (651) 602-2176. My first call cajoled me to go out and make a snow angel. The next call was about healing and the power of random acts of kindness. You never know what message the tireless volunteers will record for you. All you have to do is listen and hold the advice close to your chest. The message might instigate a snowball of kindness that spreads clear across the world! We are bloggers after all. 

It could happen.  

Today, I'll leave you with my favorite quote from Maya Angelou: "You can't use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have"

No comments: