Monday, February 20, 2023

Candy Hearts and Book Covers

I’ve felt like Vincent Van Gogh before he loped off an ear, attempting to create a book jacket copy that condensed my story into a few tight yet intriguing paragraphs. Uff da lutefisk. Hard.

                                                       ***

Esme Wright can levitate objects as effortlessly as humming a tune. Except when she lands her first big break as an aspiring magician. Then, defying gravity goes horribly and embarrassingly awry.

After Esme’s failure on live television, a mysterious reunion with her childhood friend, Joseph Estrada, instigates a vortex of levitation, both frightening and bizarre. Since Joseph already fears Diablo possesses him, this new disturbance seals his sinister fate. Soon, strange signs appear, drawing them deeper into a supernatural puzzle.

Esme and Joseph must uncover the truth before a deadly levitation mishap ensues. They embark on an odyssey to unearth the secrets of their past, and what they find may change their future forever. 

Ultimately, the levitation game might be impossible to win—or survive—without answers from the stars.

                                                                     ***

Last month, Michelle B. won two Conspiracy Theory board games worth fifty bucks with the correct answer: Coast to Coast AM. She has a sweet-smelling, seasonal shop on Etsy called Catnap Botanicals.

My book cover is out there! Please view my website for details. Preorders for The Levitation Game will open on March 1st at Ten16 Press. But the book launch is still a few months away. Tweaking and tinkering of all bookish content are ongoing. The first newsletter subscriber to tell me they have preordered my book will receive a free Conspiracy Theory game!

I need early readers willing to post reviews and volunteer proofreaders. If that sounds like fun, email me at sharonwagnerstudios@gmail.com

Look to your inbox for my next newsletter on Monday, March 20th. I’ll talk about what inspired my cover art.

Me + You (My greeting and closing are from candy hearts!)

Sharon

“Yeast is to flour as action is to ambition. Rising to success requires adding and alternating starters.”

Discover more at Sharon Wagner Books

 

No comments: