Monday, September 16, 2024

“Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” ~ Walt Whitman

Before sending my freebies into the universe, I wrapped ten books with celestial wrapping paper and far-out stickers. Fun!


A psychic medium named Matt Fraser confirmed what I’ve always thought: I may not have stumbled upon my life’s purpose without the help of spirit guides. Matt told viewers of CBS Mornings that everyone has a spirit guide or guardian angel. I think he’s right, and I’ll explain why later in this post.

Still, with all the pain and suffering in the world, it’s hard to believe that humans have an ethereal doppelganger riding the same bumpy, neck-craning carnival ride we call life. What do our spirit guides do all day? Eat popcorn and chocolate-covered raisins while watching Netflix? Do they yawn with distracted glee while the world burns? It sure seems like it.

Matt also said some people aren’t lucky enough to discover their life’s purpose, and maybe that’s why they linger after death. I found my life’s purpose late in life—writing. But finding your life’s purpose doesn’t mean finding happiness. Any writer will tell you that after reading a bad review. I think living your life’s purpose is important spiritually. But what about people who don’t live long enough to meet their objective?

I don’t think I would have discovered my purpose without divine intervention. Former me: artist and illustrator. Still, as a kid, I’d dabbled in writing angst-filled poems and scary stories. Much later, I started a grammar-challenged blog and attempted a few short and sweet children’s stories, which unraveled almost addictively. Then, one night, during a critique group (fellow children’s book illustrators that met once a month to eat, laugh, and talk about our art), one of the women told me she’d had a curious dream about me. In her dream, she saw me lying in bed, wrapped in a quilt and surrounded by women with hands on my body. I just knew.

The women knew I wasn’t pursuing my life’s purpose, and I didn’t need Matt Fraser to interpret the meaning of my friend’s dream. I understood the mysterious message from my spirit guides: Write, dummy, and sleep when you’re dead! Do the work. Struggle, suffer, and maybe someday, shine.

If you aren’t living your life’s purpose, it’s not too late. That’s the moral of today’s post. If you’re alive, it's not too late to try. But then again, maybe spirits have a heavenly purpose and it will never be too late!

My Goodreads Giveaway netted 4,271 entries, and 3,924 readers marked The Levitation Game as want-to-read! Success! Now, I hope some want-to-be readers will enjoy my book enough to spread the word, rate, and review my book on Amazon. If you haven't left a review yet, please do! 

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin


Visit Sharon Wagner Books!

Discover my book on Amazon!

No comments: