Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I'm so high I could eat a star...

"That was some strong ass catnip dude"  Hana / naughty cat, calico advocate, blog personality, soft food activist

1) "I'm so high I could eat a star" Author Unknown

2) "If you substitute marijuana for catnip, tobacco and alcohol, you'll add 8 to 24 years to your life." Jack Herer /Author, Hemp and catnip Activist

3) I think catnip and pot should be legal. I don't smoke it, but I like the smell of it." Andy Warhol /Artist

4)  “Homer, I am getting really worried you are going overboard with this. We are out of clothespins, there are half-eaten cupcakes all around the house, and the curtains smell like doob.” – Marge Simpson / The Simpsons

5)  Of course I know how to roll a catnip joint.” –Martha Stewart / TV Personality, Writer, Business Woman




I took a few hemp colored, italic liberties with the above quotes. Ironically, even though Hana looks higher than a kite in the above photo, catnip really doesn't affect her at all. Nothing. Na-da. When given the chance to inhale, our cat Akua rolls around in ecstasy, while Hana is just plain cat-atonic. In the above photo, she was just accidentally taking a cat nap in front of my husband's i-phone. Don't you just love it when cats fall asleep with their tongue sticking out? Oh, the simple joys of cat stewardship. 

Cats are so laid back and cool. And just like human stoners, they get the munchies for crunchies.  I thought quote # 2 and # 3 were purr-fect for a cat. After all, they do have 9 lives. And purr-fer to get their high through a simple intoxicating sniff. 





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I am not a big cat fan... with reasons, I was mauled by one when I was a pre-teen and haven't really gotten over that experience. But, with that said, your first shot is super sweet. I think you should print it :-D.

Thanks for linking to Life Thru the Lens, I am enjoying getting to know you through your posts.

Lisa

DJan said...

It's funny how some cats are immune to catnip and others are in ecstasy over it. Made me smile with those kitty tongue tips. :-)

Jeanna said...

So funny. Calico cats usually seem so poised, hahaha. Nice quote round up. Did Martha say that during a roast? Justin Bieber maybe?
P.S. I lying, I am a robot.

Linda Hensley said...

I didn't know people smoked catnip. I feel out of the loop. Cute kitty :)

Adela said...

I love the way catnip smells, too. We have lots of it growing around our house. The bubble bees get so intoxicated that I can pet them with my forefinger, and they just vibrate a little.

eileeninmd said...

Funny quotes and cute kitty photos. I have to admit I am a dog person, never owned a cat. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Molly said...

I love my cats, they are totally bonkers and very annoying sometimes but I wouldn't change that for anything

Mollyxxx

jabblog said...

What a very pretty cat. My cats don't like catnip, either, In fact, I doubt the veracity of catnip as a stimulant as none of our cats have ever liked it. I do recall my daughter's cat liking it, though.

Cloudia said...

Hana and Akua! You stay Local Cuz?! Hawaii kine? Love your blog

NCSue said...

Dude, my cats would love to share that!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/06/drip-drip-drip.html

Birgitta said...

I love cats and this is a cool photo!

Ela said...

Such cute photos :))
Greetings

Kristiina said...

A cute cat with an even cutes tonque. Funny photos.

R. Täysin arkista

likeschocolate said...

To have the life a cat.
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

carol l mckenna said...

Fantastic cat photos!

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Klara said...

what an expression!

A Colorful World said...

Cute post. It is odd how one cat will love catnip and the next one won't. Maybe they are the tee-totaler cats! :-)