Monday, August 8, 2016

For whom the bell tolls...


Bell Rock. A vortex site.


"The ancient Greeks believed that when you read aloud, it was actually the dead, borrowing your tongue, in order to speak again"

Ruth L. Ozeki from A Tale For The Time Being


The world is rife with the unexplained. Do you remember the T.V. show Unsolved Mysteries? I loved it. Of course, there weren't many channels back then. Ha! Now, I have countless channels to choose from. But still, curiously, there are times when I can't find a darn thing to watch. These days, when I'm surfing and fail to catch a big wave like Homeland or The Affair, I almost always drift to the ripple Ancient Aliens. My husband laughs at me. But heck, I still love a good mystery. I'd rather be a curious nerd, interested in strange things like spirits (both kinds), aliens, the Bermuda triangle, big foot, sink holes, vortexes, and of course, the weirdest of all, Donald Trump. 


The mysterious energy of Sedona:

There are several energy centers, or vortexes of subtle energy, located in the Sedona area. (In Sedona, the energy centers are referred to as vortexes rather than vortices.)  The energy from these vortexes saturates the whole area in and around Sedona, and can be noticed in a subtle but general way anywhere around town.  If you actually go to one of the vortex sites, which is where the energy is strongest, it can be a very uplifting experience.  The energy you take in at one of these energy centers can stay with you and affect you positively for days afterwards.



I didn't feel the earth moving at Bell Rock. One of the major vortex centers. I didn't really feel anything at all. But, when I sat on the smooth red stone, soaking in the sun's warmth and meditating, the tornado of energy I was conjuring seemed very real in my mind's eye. It seemed like an easy place to reflect and find peace. Upon my return home, I felt a renewed energy and an unexplained burst of creativity for my book project. Weird? Maybe. It's hard to say.

To complete the circle, just like the barbed wire that symbolizes my book, I also experienced something dark and profound in Sedona. What I'm about to tell you I experienced only in my dreams. Thank goodness. If you are easily scared, proceed with caution...

The first dream I had unsettled me. I was experiencing something so terrifying, that in my dream, I started levitating. The terror building, escalating, until my dream ended with a complete power outage. I woke up immediately. But this dream was nothing compared with what was to come...

The next night I watched this dream like a twisted horror movie. There was a whole cast of unlucky characters and thank God, I wasn't among them. I was just watching the most disturbing dream I've ever had in my life. Trapped in R.E.M. Unable to wake up. It was Armageddon. The world was crumbling before my eyes. Burning savagely. Total devastation. And the characters were slowly being consumed by a primordial ooze. The worst part of all, was that the ooze was us. It was humanity, melting into an ocean of bubbling flesh. And then the last person, trapped in their car, slipped beneath the surface and all was lost.

I woke up to the sound of a bell.

The next night I was afraid to got to sleep. 


P.S. I have a new book review over at Springtime in Magnolia You've read the humorous quotes, now read the book. A Tale For The Time Being


13 comments:

NCSue said...

I can see how you'd be inspired by this lovely view.
Thank you for sharing your pix at this week's photo linky party at image-in-ing:
http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-little-dab-of-color.html

DJan said...

I read the book and enjoyed it very much. I hope you didn't REALLY have those awful nightmares, Sharon. :-(

Cloudia said...

A most interesting post. So glad to meet you!


ALOHA to You,
ComfortSpiral

Ruth Kelly said...

Creepy dreams. Loved your comment about Trump - just funny. I've not experienced a vortex but I did visit Sedona twice and loved the place.

Rhonda Albom said...

That's an interesting dream. I'm happy I don't have dreams like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week.

A Colorful World said...

Oh Sharon! How I would love to talk to you about Sedona and things related!!!! I wish we could meet face to face, and I have some books, too, that I would loan you. I happen to believe that any vortex is actually of evil orgin, masquerading as benevolent energy! Your dreams seem to bear that out. I would love to tell you my take on Ancient Aliens, and some other related subjects!!!! I just can't go into any of that here. Not only do I not have the space; these are subjects one cannot lightly touch upon!

At any rate, here is a cut & paste of my reply to your comment on Magnolia. I was afraid you might not see it otherwise. Thanks so much for commenting!

"I think we get visitors who read our reviews, don't comment, but then move on. I wish there were more comments and more participation, but it's hard to get something like this off the ground. So glad you posted your latest review. I have been reading so much because I can only pack for about 30 minutes then I have to take a break, and I'm not doing much else. Usually I am also sewing a good bit, and of course keeping my house up as much as possible (but that's flown out the window! :-) ) So it's packing and reading. :-) I have also been writing some. Yesterday we went out to eat after church and when we got home, I lay on the couch and just finished the book I was reading because it was so darn good I couldn't put it down! I'll be reviewing it later (it's called On Canaan's Side). Have a great day!"

By the way, I FINALLY got Office loaded, and can start typing my book instead of writing on that infernal notepad! :-) I think it's so funny that our book names are so similar. I swear I didn't copy you (or were even inspired by your name) and have had this book named for a number of years...Call of the Rain Crow. There's a reason. :-) Have a great day!

likeschocolate said...

Never been to Sedona; however it is on my bucket list! So many places to see! have a great week!
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2016/08/xuchang-reunion-16.html

Linda Hensley said...

I'm interested in these kinds of topics too, and I have had dreams like that. Not people being the goo, but Armageddon scenes. Let me know if anyone gives you a good explanation for the dreams. Maybe it is Trump? :)

carol l mckenna said...

Intriguing post ~ and lovely photo ~ thanks for visiting ~

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

Anonymous said...

Lovely read, so interesting! #photofriday

Unknown said...

I was just in Sedona a few months ago. I tried to find the vortexes but never really felt anything unusual, however, just being in the area gave me a heightened spiritual feeling.
P.S I would be scared to go to sleep too!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I have some interesting dreams, but yours did sound a bit creepy. ;-D

Lisa @ Life Thru the Lens

Pat Tillett said...

Great post Sharon!
I LOVE Sedona and the entire area it sits in. Been there several times and going back in October. About 10 years ago, we came close to moving there. You know how as you are getting close to town and those AMAZING views take your breath away? I was afraid if we lived there, that would stop happening after a while.