Monday, August 15, 2016

"The cat, you idiot!"


The Internet Cat Video Festival lived on after the Walker Art Center bundled it up in a burlap sack, weighed it down with rocks and threw it over the Stone Arch Bridge. This year it was hosted by myTalk 107.1. Thanks guys. I'm so glad the festival didn't die after four lives. I'm hoping for at least the proper nine. Besides, I told my husband that next year, we're getting VIP tickets so I don't have to eat the canned and congealed slop offered up from every vendor at CHS field. Even my cat Hana, who licks up pepper flakes like glorified fish scales, would turn up her whiskers at that crap. But that being said, the home of the St. Paul Saints is a pawsome place for the great Minnesota cat-together. This year, over 10,000 humans in cat t-shirts attended. Although, there must be a dog t-shirt in there somewhere.

The mostly local videos were good for some furry belly laughs. But my favorite, paws down, was the prank pulled by Cabot Phillips. He convinced his sister, who was still groggy form having her wisdom teeth pulled, that the world was on the verge of a zombie apocalypse. I remember her questioning him with an almost inaudible fat tongue, as to why he was putting gardening equipment in the back of their car if they needed to defend themselves against zombies. Ha! And then he told her, gulp, that she had to choose between the life of their cat or the life of their dog. Only one could survive! 

Millicent Phillips yells, "The cat, you idiot!" 

Purrfect YouTube fodder for a cat fest.



This is the photo I sent in for the pre-kitten bowl slide show. My thirsty cat Akua aired while we were choking down a mac and cheese hot dog. AAACCCCKKK. I'd prefer a hair ball.

Oh, and after every thing was meowed and done, fireworks lit up the night. 


Not too tabby for a cat fest. 


8 comments:

Jeanna said...

The cat seems to sense something as I'm about to write, "The dog you idiot."
Sounds like a classic prank, I can almost hear her saying that.

Unknown said...

Love the play on words! This is a festival I have wanted to go to for the last couple years, but always happens when we are out of town. I hope, as you put, this festival has nine lives. Then maybe I can get there one year.

Andrea said...

Haha that festival must have been really amusing and fun. I have a cat post today too, but it might not be fully funny!

Pat Tillett said...

It sounds like great fun (except for the food).
I love dogs, but I'm totally a cat person.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your Akua is a sweet kitty. The festival looks like a fun time. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful shot of the cat! Adorable!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Lea said...

Never heard of a cat fest - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Me and cats do not get along, so I probably would have yelled something else. But do do feel for the sister! Many thanks for linking up to SEASONS, and have a great week!